I told you! You never believed me!

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Doctor Doctor!!

It was calm and quiet in the office. At my client site all employees had left early today. The only sound that could be heard was the humming of the "Sun" server in the cubicle in the next aisle. Suddenly the silence was broken by the sound of a phone ringing. It was my desk phone. I removed my earphones and picked up the receiver. "Hello, can you come home? I need to go to the doctor". It was Chaman and his throat was paining, probably tonsilitis.

I picked up my jacket, locked my workstation and headed out into the cold weather to my car.
I reached home to see Chaman engrossed in watching "Trinity" in Matrix Reloaded. Gosh! That movie is played at least 3 times a day everyday on this channel.

We went to the nearest Instacare center. The doctor examined Nitin and asked him - "What's the problem?".
Our hero - "I think it is tonsilitis".
Doctor - "Have you taken any medication in the past?"
Chaman - "Yes I have always taken Amoxycilin."
Doctor - "Very Well, I will prescribe the same". and he gave a prescription for amoxycilin 500mg tablets 2 times a day for 7 days.

Nitin came out of the inspection room and commented to me - "The doctors here are not at all confident. Doctors in India are so much better. These guys are so young. He gave me the same medicine I was searching for in the drugstore the other day, but they wouldn't give it to me without a prescription".
I said -"Now u have ur prescription.. Have fun! "
Nitin - " Lemme buy medicines for 20 days so that I never have to come back again !!".

Whew! All I could do was nod my head and take him to the nearest drugstore.

1 Comments:

  • All i can comment is "God Save the Queen and Bless you too"! :-D

    By Blogger Kumari, at 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home